Joss & Main

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Finished Projects From Our House Restoration

Today I'm going to share with you some of the completed projects that we have done. I will explain how we did some of them so if you wand to try it at home you'll know how!


This was presented in an earlier post. This is our Tryde Coffee Table. We got these plans for free from Ana White and after a few weeks of use I can say truthfully that I absolutely love it. It is very sturdy and can withstand my three children's bums and my husbands feet lol. I would highly recommend anyone who wants to start out woodworking to build this piece. Especially if you need a table. It only takes a few hours to build with minimal tools. Just finish to your taste.


These are my painted curtains in our bedroom. I like them but I'll tell you a little secret, they weren't supposed to be like this lol. I messed up while painting these so I changed the color pattern. It was supposed to be every other with the "white" and TeePee from Behr Paint. But I accidentally skipped a stripe with the TeePee so I just filled it in with the Soulful Music by Behr Paint. And they turned out like this. I really love it. The euro shams on our bed are reversible using these same two colors. So I'm able to switch them out and still have everything match in our room. Here is a brief tutorial of how I painted my curtains. Then here is the tutorial I used as a guide line.


And this is our new king sized bed!! Farmhouse bed frame from Ana White to come shortly. I'm hoping that by the end of June the frame will be completed.


These pillow covers are a Pinterest knock off. They are absolutely no sew and were made using old curtains I had. Now I would not recommend using this type of material, especially having family who uses these pillows for lounging. You can find the tutorial here.


This is another Pinterest find. Submerged flowers, I love it. It adds a touch of delicacy to any room or table. I had the hurricane vases previously. And I picked up two garlands of spring flowers from Joann's for $12. I trimmed the garland down to the length I needed, times two. Then I criss crossed the two garland strands to form an "x" and then placed the in the vase. And I added water and this is what I got!. It's super easy and with coupons super cheap.


These are the painted curtains in the living room. This was supposed to be the pattern in our master bedroom but I screwed that up lol. I used the same tactic in painting these and the bathroom ones(below) as I did for our bedroom.


And these are in our bathroom. We're trying to keep the whole nautical theme throughout the bedroom and bathroom. More decorations are to come!! But it's going to take time.


Let me know what you all think? Do you think it's too much stripe? I got a little carried away lol. Let me know of any other home decor/DIY projects that would look great with these themes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment