Joss & Main

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Intentional Design

As most of you know, my hubby and I have been in the process of rebuilding our furniture and redecorating our home. This process, well the thought part of it started 7 years ago when we got married. I used to daydream all day long about how I wanted our home to look. But the challenge I faced was that I was thrown off by the fact that we lived in military housing. This was not my idea of our forever home.

(Courtesy of www.eplans.com)
My idea of our forever home


Navy Housing on the Bangor Subase in Silverdale WA


Navy Housing in Groton, CT

Not my idea of a forever home.


I'm not really a fan of living "on top" of other people. I don't like hearing other people do their various activities. We like quietness and land. Because we're loud. Point blank WE. ARE. LOUD. We love to run and scream and make tons of noise!

Anyway, back on track. I have recently gotten into the art of making design boards for my home. It's been helping me get a better handle of what I would like to do to our home decor wise. So far I have the living room and our bedroom done. 

Most of you our there have heard of Photoshop Elements am I correct? Well, for those of you who have but aren't serious about taking the plunge, I have come across an online editing program thanks to Centsational Girl. It's called Pixlr and it's entirely free!! It's layout is very much like Photoshop Elements. So you can learn all about editing photos and creating lots and lots of fun artful projects on your own. Doing this will help you decide if the $80 price on Photoshop is worth it. 

But using this program here is what I've come up with. Let me know what you think.


Living Room


Master Bedroom

What do you all think so far? All the furniture my hubby Rich would make. And the couch and chair would come at a later date. We're trying to run our current pieces into the ground before purchasing more. I love the idea of both rooms. There is still room for improvement but let me know what you all think! More design boards to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment